Inspired by the colorful characters from this year’s Hunger Games- I decided to share a DIY Halloween makeup tutorial based on the Capitol’s own, Effie Trinket! Those of you who have read the books or seen the movies know that this out of touch fashionista loves wearing colorful wigs and wild makeup. Here’s your how-to guide to recreate her look.
1. Prep the skin with a primer (Makeup Forever HD Primer)
2. Apply a porcelain foundation all over the face and use a purple eyelid primer from the lash line to the brow extending outward across the temples (M.A.C. NC 15/ Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Painted Purple)
3. Dust a purple/lavender shadow on top of the lid and under the cheekbones to contour (M.A.C. Parfait Amour)
4. Blend a magenta shadow onto temples and up toward the brow bone avoiding the lid itself (M.A.C. Vibrant Grape)
5. Pull the same magenta shadow underneath the lower lashes
6. Add a thin black liner to top lashline before applying clusters of false lashes (Kat Von D tattoo liner/ Ardell lashes)
7. Line the lower waterline with a white pencil and add mascara to top and bottom lashes (Smashbox Eye Beam Brightener/ Maybelline Lash Blast)
8. After covering the lips with foundation, use a lavender cream concealer to paint the lips slightly smaller than their natural shape. To get the blue outline I used an angle brush and a blue shadow on the edges of the concealer (Makeup Forever Camouflage Palette/ M.A.C. Winkle)
Add a wig and a colorful flower and you’re ready to go!
1. Add hot pink to the upper lid starting at the inner and following along the brow (shown below). To get a really vibrant color I chose to use a MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in ‘More to Love’
2. Use the same pink liner to again draw the lips just slightly smaller than their natural size
3. Add the craziest false lashes you can find!
Change up your accessories and voila! Look number two!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Feel free to leave your comments and let me know what you want to see next!